Proud Infidel ranting about the ongoing war against democratic and secular values (Don't fool yourselves)! Maybe a voice of sanity in a wide ocean of madness.

20080923

Boring, boring, boring

I had to take a cab to the hospital today. When I woke up this morning my right calf was twice as large as the left one. I took some aspirines and thought (as idiots allways do), that it "would just go over".

later on that evening, the pain got so bad that I had to go to the emergency clinic at the university hospital.

After spending some eight hours or so at the emergency clinic, I was told that I either had a blood clot or a cyst. They could not tell which, because there were not personal there at the time that could do a simple ultra sound. So I have to go back there next day (Tuesday).

They gave me Heparine (anti blood clotting) and took enough blood too feed five vampires and a hundred thousand mosquitos and ticks.

So now I will miss another day of work- which I don't get payed for.

Besides the cab fare, it cost me 250Kr ($42). Another 250Kr will have to be spent tomorrow and then probably another 1000 Kr ($170) for any medication that they give me. That's just on top of the 30 000 Kr ($5000) I pay in taxes anually for the medicare.

Michael Moore- come out and play!

Update:
It showed out to be a Baker's cyst that had ruptured. Not harmful but annoying and painful. My right calf are looking like I have elephantisis (ok, not really). They say that I will be called back to the orthopedic clinic in 2-3 weeks time! I have been grounded by the doctor. They made the diagnose after "only" eight hours. Well, atleast it was not a bloodclot...

Update 2
The synovial fluid not only makes the calf swollen, it also gives you (me) a mother of an inflammation. I move around like an 80- year old. Tonight I woke up at 3 am with seviere pain and have not got any sleep since then. So now I have to find a way to get myself to the farmacist and buy me that prescription Diklofenak. What annoys me, is those 2-3 weeks I have to wait to get to the orthopedic clinic (it's most likely an injury to the meniscus or such that is the underlaying problem- or lyme desceace- now that would be a bummer, but which would explain a lot of other things...).

Update 3
They just called me in "pronto" to the clinic. Let's see what the mighty have in their purse. I don't think it's a serious problem, but when you get called in three weeks before your sceduled appointement, there are some room for concern. What ever- just hack it off! Just kidding. In the mean time... You just behave!

4 Comments:

Blogger Yankee Doodle said...

So, is that the wonder of socialized medicine that Hillary wants us to share here?

Hope you get better fast! :)

Saturday 27 September 2008 at 18:21:00 CEST

 
Blogger pela68 said...

Thanks YD.
I'm on heavy painkillers right now. My son calls me "daddy monster" because of the way I'm lurching around.

Besides the knee/right calf trouble, I'm having a manure load of pain from the subcutanious shot of Heparine in my stomach, and the syringe needle that I got in my arm.
Furthermore I have got pains in my left leg from favorising it and a lower back pain from moving strange.
In Sweden the likes of me are called "SVBK"- Sveda Värk och Bränn Kärring- meaning something like "pain coplainting bitch".

I might just aswell do as Vilhelm Moberg and walk in to the sea.
Kidding! You are not going to get rid of me for now...

Sunday 28 September 2008 at 00:28:00 CEST

 
Blogger Yankee Doodle said...

I'll mention you in my prayers.

(One day, you'll understand how important it is to be mentioned in someone's prayers.)

Sunday 28 September 2008 at 02:00:00 CEST

 
Blogger pela68 said...

Thanks again. Even though I'm not a beliver, the thought is what counts, and it's heart warming.

Sunday 28 September 2008 at 10:25:00 CEST

 

Post a Comment

<< Home