Proud Infidel ranting about the ongoing war against democratic and secular values (Don't fool yourselves)! Maybe a voice of sanity in a wide ocean of madness.

20071012

Doris Lesssing

Doris Lessing got the Nobel Prize in litterature!
This is the first time someone have actually got the prize for work that I have read (before). I have read a number of books of of nobel laruates in hind sight.

Most of the Nobel prize winners are never heard of for the great masses (and might I say, never will be in the future) before they actually are rewarded with the prize.

The reason that I have read her at all is because I'm a Science Fiction NERD. I found her works pretty dull. It's just not something you would eat popcorn to- if you know what I mean. But any way, for once the winner is someone that I have heard of. Good for her!

On the downside; Al Gore was awarded with the peace price. The Norwegians just can't stop themselves can they?

1 Comments:

Blogger pela68 said...

Hah!
It did not take her long to shoot herself in the foot, did it?

"The IRA attacs was a lot more serious than 9/11"

Dear doris- More people died in just 2 1/2 hours on 9/11 than there ever did during 25 years of conflict in Northern Ireland.

I have a book written by you, sorrĂ½, I HAD a book written by you (I have never, ever burned a book before as a matter of principels, not even my copy of Mein Kampf- so be very proud of you being the first one...)

Being a Nobel laurate is NO excuse of being an ignorant!

I say; whatewer respect I had for you before is now utterly drained down the washers.

I'm really, really mad at you!
You should be ashamed at yourself...

Tuesday 23 October 2007 at 01:09:00 CEST

 

Post a Comment

<< Home