Proud Infidel ranting about the ongoing war against democratic and secular values (Don't fool yourselves)! Maybe a voice of sanity in a wide ocean of madness.

20071008

Making a choise

I was taking a bicykle ride to day. I went to a (reasonably close) shopping mall. It is a crisp, sunny Octoberday. The leafs has started falling down, making it sound like riding through Rice Crispies. The chestnuts on the track made it feel like riding over cobblestones.

When I was riding back home, I overtook a man on a sportsbike with a reflexwest and a bicyklehelmet. A little bit further down the track, I came to a stop at a streetlight. Then this man with the bicyklehelmet comes up to my side and starts yelling at me because I did not weare a helmet!

Now- it's obligatory by the law for children under 15 here in Sweden to weare helmets when bicykeling. But I'm well over 15, and I have never used a helmet.

Yes, helmets do save people from headinjuries. But! resent studies has showed that injuries to the spinal cord rises just as much as the helmet bearers headinjuries diminishes. A part from helmet bearers taking larger riscs. But mostly because they use the wrong form of helmets. Have you taken a look at what shape the bicycle helmets have?

Anyway, I flipped the bird at the man and went on my way.

I'm making a choise!

I have been through and lived through a number of bike accidents over the years. I have had broken ribs, AC Contutions (ouch- that one hurted big time - for a long time), not to mention all the soft tissue injuries and burn wounds.

But I have never hurt my head!

So what should we do? Legislate of people riding bikes having to use full football gear?

As a matter of fact, tens of thousands of people dies every year falling down while walking! What about them?

I think we should have a law forcing our politicians to allways weare a helmet. You know- just for their protection.

I'm making a choise!

4 Comments:

Blogger pela68 said...

Hah!

Now, come to think of it. Maybe I should start to use my splinter camouflagued combat helmet (with extra rags) when I cykle!

Just a thought that popped up.

Silly me...

Monday 8 October 2007 at 14:14:00 CEST

 
Blogger anticant said...

Forcing politicians to wear a gag would be more to the purpose!

Monday 8 October 2007 at 16:52:00 CEST

 
Blogger falcon_01 said...

I would have told him that he's committing a "hate crime" by yelling at you... on second thought, he'd probably believe you, and try to have the next person who raised their voice arrested... and they probably would be- after all, this man is an upstanding-helmet-wearing-conformist-citizen. :-P

Tuesday 9 October 2007 at 14:27:00 CEST

 
Blogger pela68 said...

falcon

"Hate Crine"

That would be something allright!

While I look Scandinavian, I'm a second generation immigrant (and thereby not counted as a Swede in official statistics). I also have a surname that defenetily is not Swedish.

Maybe everytime someone made an "atrocity" towards me, I would take them to court for inciting a "hate crime"?

HEH!

Wednesday 10 October 2007 at 15:04:00 CEST

 

Post a Comment

<< Home