Proud Infidel ranting about the ongoing war against democratic and secular values (Don't fool yourselves)! Maybe a voice of sanity in a wide ocean of madness.

20070304

Mail a stone

"Mail Asaf a stone!

On March 5th 2003 Asaf, a young high school boy was on his way back from school. A suicide murderer that exploded on Asaf's bus killed him and sixteen other innocent men, women and children.
Asaf was almost seventeen years old and he is my son.
This year on April 27th we will remember Asaf's 21st birthday.As every Israeli young man does, Asaf would have finished his military service and would have gone on a trip to see the world either to South America, the Far East, India or maybe Australia and New Zealand.
Ever since Asaf died when ever I go on trips inside Israel or travel abroad I bring back with me a stone.

From the Dead Sea in the south, from the Sea of Galilee in the north from every creek and spring in Israel, Shale from Ein Gedi, basalt from the Golan Heights, many pebbles I laid at Asaf's rest place in the recent years.
When I go abroad I look for a stone from a nice place, from a park or from a famous site. I brought back a stone from Lake Winnipesaukee in New Hampshire, from Lake Ontario in Canada, from the Niagara Falls, New York's Central park, Helsinki, London and many other places.

With each stone I lay on Asaf's tombstone I fill I bring the world to him, I feel as if I took Aaaf with me and brought the experience of that place to him.
It is an old Jewish custom to lay a stone at ones grave when coming to visit. The reason for that custom is to show one is remembered, to come and visit your dear ones and see and know that they are remembered by people that visit and lay a stone at their grave.
I am sending this letter in hope it will go around the world and reach many many people. I ask each one of you receiving this letter to mail me a stone from wherever you live.
Asaf may not be able to go and travel the world, So this way I will bring the world to him for his 21st birthday on April 27th this year.

Each one of you getting this letter pick a stone from the place you live in , may it be a small stone, a big stone, a round or a flat stone, put it in an envelope and mail it to me ("Yossi Zur POB 7895 Haifa 31078, Israel", I will lay all the stones received at Asaf's grave.
I will also update the places from which stones were sent on Asaf's memorial web site. At: http://www.blondi.co.il/stone.htmPlease forward this letter to all your email contacts in as many countries as possible.

Thanks in advance
Yossi Zur, Asaf's fatherPOB 7895Haifa 31078IsraelEmail: Yossi@Blondi.co.ilWeb: www.Blondi.co.il"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home