Proud Infidel ranting about the ongoing war against democratic and secular values (Don't fool yourselves)! Maybe a voice of sanity in a wide ocean of madness.

20080116

Bloggers of the world

I have been hit with yet another virtual sledgehammer. It's that old MEME thing that everyone dreads but still want to get.
Mustang at Social Sense has nominated me for the "Bloggers of the world" award. There seems to be no actual rules about who you can nominate but for the fact that it has to be an "exeptional blog". So go ahead and nominate that Pokemon blog that you secretly visits twice a day if you want.
The point is to get others to know your blog so you will get more visits.
The last time I got nominated for something it was the "Thinking bloggers award". Then you got a really cool alien thingy that you could put up in your sidebar (which I have not!). This time it's this rather... Well I have a dirty mind!
Not that I'm not proud and very honoured by Mustang nominating me. I enjoy his alsters on a daily basis and I grow an inch every time someone gives me any attention at all.
This time I will have to nominate some Swedish languaged blogs. I will not link to any of them, because I'm feeling lazy, but most of them you can find in my sidebar.
Here we go.
Skafferitrollen/Humle och Dumle: Everything is in Swedish. Rock Hard prose and what seems to be nice guys. Also very intelligent. I'm not sure about their possible conection to SD. But as long they make sense, they are my choise.
Anticant at Anticant's Arena: I consider him as one of my best virtual friends. We are separated by an ocean and several decades, but still, I would not be more satisfied than sitting down with him at a dinnertable just talking away. He also have a great sense of humor and are a damn good writer!
This time it's my turn to annoy one of my closest virtual friends. The enigma, the mystical super hero Yankee Doodle over at Stop Islamic Conquest. He is one of the most prolific bloggers that I know of. He has a very matter of fact writing style. That is when he's not writing his Gotham series. If you want to read some high class noire prose with some minbending twists, do not hesitate, you will have hours of reading there. Also he has some pretty revealing texts about everything from narco trafficking, islamism to world politics. I have found myself sitting in front of the screen reading his alsters for hours.
Angel at Woman Honor Thyself is also a very close V-friend. She has a wonderful sense of humor. She writes in a very specific way that gets you crawing for more. She is also a food junkie like me (c; If there is anything I could complain about her, it would be that she is too nice to people. Get those cat claws out girl!
The blog Flanders fields is a very intriguing one, There you get the perspective of an American living in the heartland of the EU. Always updated, always interresting and always with a polite word for anyone. Go there!
Freedom and reason- A swedish languaged blog from a man living in GB. Very up to date and with a very sharp (virtual) pencil. Do you know the lingo? Go there!
Hard to swallow is one of my favourite places to go. Poetry with a twist. Very intelligent. Very mindbending, and a very nice person!
I hav not been in contact with Falcon over at Sheepdogs blog for a while. He is over "in the sandbox" and apparently internet acess sucks there. But visit his blog and say hello. He is defenetily deserving an award like this!
There are many more who deserves the award (or what ever) and the attention, but I have to set a limit some where. Nobody spoken of- nobody forgotten!

10 Comments:

Blogger WomanHonorThyself said...

awwwwwwwwww Pela!..thanks for the kind words ..I'm humbled...blush*..now wheres my coffee and cheese danish for breakfast eh..ha

Wednesday 16 January 2008 at 15:14:00 CET

 
Blogger Flanders Fields said...

Pela, Thanks for the honor of the nomination and the terrifically kind words. I will accept those, but only on condition that I don't have to post this photo! I don't want people to mistake mine for a proctology site.

In case you didn't know, Pela, there is a popular beer in the US called Bud Light. I thought you might be interested. I'll buy you one when we both get there!

Hi Angel! Haven't seen you for a while. Sorry I've missed you. Congratulations on your well-deserved nomination.
------------

A man went into the proctologist's office for his first exam.

The doctor told him to have a seat in the well air-conditioned examination room and that he would be with him in just a few minutes.

When the man sat down in the examination room, he noticed that there were three items on a stand next to the doctor's desk: a tube of K-Y jelly, a rubber glove, and a beer.

When the doctor came in, the man said, "Look Doc, this is my first exam. I know what the K-Y is for, and I know what the glove is for, but what's the beer for?"

At that instant, the doctor became noticeably outraged and stormed over to the door.

The doc flung the door open and yelled to his nurse, "Dammit, nurse! I said a butt light!"

Thursday 17 January 2008 at 01:09:00 CET

 
Blogger Yankee Doodle said...

FF, that was funny!

Hiya, Angel!

Thanks for the good words, Pela.

Thursday 17 January 2008 at 01:35:00 CET

 
Blogger pela68 said...

FF:

Hehehe! When I first saw the banner the exact imige snapped in to my mind. I scrathched my head and said to myself "What the heck were they thinking?"

I did realize after a while though that the picture probably is the result of someone experimenting a little to enthusiastic with the rezise button in photoshop.

YD:

You are most deserving them!

Thursday 17 January 2008 at 09:28:00 CET

 
Blogger anticant said...

You are very kind, Pela, and I'm honoured by your nomination. I too would greatly enjoy a long chinwag over a good meal, and maybe you will make it to London one of these days?

Your blog is always interesting and thought-provoking, and what I admire most is your determined onslaught on the English language, in which you have greatly improved over recent months. Keep up the good work.

Your friend,

Anticant

Thursday 17 January 2008 at 11:16:00 CET

 
Blogger falcon_01 said...

Thanks! My stories don't hold a candle (or even a butt light) to yours. Years ago I had to stand at parade rest for a couple hours when it was pouring down freezing rain, and when I finally got to move, the ice came off of me in sheets- but after that we got to go inside and warm up... never had to spend the night in the snow, and I pray I never have to- being from a warm state, I'm not a big fan of the cold. Anyway, THANK YOU again! I imagine taking you up on your offer at some point in the coming year or two that I'm here.

Thursday 17 January 2008 at 12:41:00 CET

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you very much, Pela, for your kind words.

And please keep going with your own good work.

Thursday 17 January 2008 at 20:21:00 CET

 
Blogger pela68 said...

AC:

Visit you in London would be a dream come true!

Falcon:

You very much deserve this- if not for anything else then for your dedication and service in "the sandbox"!

ND:

You are welcome, and very well deserves it. It's a pity most of my other readers can not read/understand your alsters. Keep it up!

Thank YOU all for givimg attention to my humble blog. YOU are what keeps me going on...

Thursday 17 January 2008 at 22:39:00 CET

 
Blogger pela68 said...

Oh and FF:

I'm sure you have herad this one...

Drinking Bud Light is like making love in a canoe. It's f*****g close to water!

(c;

Thursday 17 January 2008 at 22:43:00 CET

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pela, you wild man! Congratulations on being honored, your blog certainly deserves it.

Thank you very much for the tag and the great plug, you honor and inspire me once again.

I saw this 'Bloggers of the World' thing just a couple days before you tagged me, I thought if I got tagged it wouldn't be so fast.

May I suggest though, that when you have time that you link to the blogs in this post so it will be easier for people to click over to check them out.

:)

I'm very familiar with several of your picks, great choices, and I will check out the others too.

Congratulations everybody!

:)

absurd thought -
God of the Universe says
blog memes are Sharia plot

keep the people distracted
tagging and being tagged


http://haltterrorism.com/
.

Tuesday 22 January 2008 at 01:37:00 CET

 

Post a Comment

<< Home