Proud Infidel ranting about the ongoing war against democratic and secular values (Don't fool yourselves)! Maybe a voice of sanity in a wide ocean of madness.

20070928

Language- again

I just came home from a trip down town. My son "wanted a hamburger with a toy"! Normally I cook food for him, but this time I thought it would be OK with a McDonalds happy meal.

I stepped in to the line and soon was was waitered by a beautiful girl of middle eastern or south east asian origin.

I made my order and when I was up to pay (she was really chatty- and the food was delivered in just a few seconds) I told her that I wanted to take the food with me. In Swedish it sounds a lot like "I want to take you with me" (Jag vill ta det med mig), especially for someone not famillare with the heavy northern accent I have.

She looked at me for a few seconds, and then asked if I wanted a bag. I said: "Yes please"

I really did not realize the situation, and what I had said before I came home.

She actually asked me if I wanted her to follow me home!
I said: "Noo... I have a back pain, but I can manage, and I´m very flattered."

Well- I would not have minded. But as for a pick up line (and also the place where it was said); I would never have thought in a million years that it would work!

4 Comments:

Blogger falcon_01 said...

LOL! I really needed that laugh! Thank you!

Friday 28 September 2007 at 21:05:00 CEST

 
Blogger Yankee Doodle said...

That's something to share with your kid when he's a little older.

Saturday 29 September 2007 at 23:23:00 CEST

 
Blogger Humle och Dumle said...

Yankee Doodle: " share with your kid when he's a little older" ???
/ D

Sunday 30 September 2007 at 14:44:00 CEST

 
Blogger Yankee Doodle said...

Yeah.

The kid gets the burger & fries now, and learns of the usefulness of the line later on.

I'm sure certain aspects of that conversation were lost on him as he goggled his happy meal.

Monday 1 October 2007 at 03:28:00 CEST

 

Post a Comment

<< Home