Thinking Bloggers Awards
I have been nominated by Yankee doodle over at Stop Islamic Conqest for at Thinking Bloggers Award. Besides from making me very proud and thankful; it also bugs me off (c;
Mainly because I'm now is supposed to nominate five other bloggers for this MEME.
What bugs me off is that allmost all of my favorite bloggers allready have been nominated- including YD himself...
Since this is a blog written in staggering English, a lot of obvious candidates for this award should be excluded. Not because of lack of writing skills or intelligent remarks- but of the obvious reason of them being excusively written in other languages- mostly Swedish. To name a few:
Skafferitrollen- Always intelligent and witty, with rock- hard prose and a nice and polite word for everyone.
Fröken Sverige- For her infallable nose for news hard to come by elswhere.
HAX- Nicest guy in town, but with a razor sharp tounge.
There are of course tons of other bloggers worthy of nomination. Nobody mentioned- nobody forgotten!
But, I have to choose- and I want to pick some English languaged blogs.
As always, there is the disclaimer of me not neccescarily agreeing of everything written on them. I'm not 100% shure that they have not already been nominated for this award.
But anyway- here it goes...
1. Planck's Constant- I don't know if Bernie's blog should count as an "powerblog" or not (hence disqualifieing him from the awards). But I don't care. He's funny. A great story teller and it's allways a pleasure looking through his posts (I suppose there is no actual "rule" of not nominating powerbloggers- but that's how I feel it should be done- with this exception (c;)
2. A new aquintance for me is Sheepdogs blog. But I feel that he deserves a nomination aswell as the possible extra traffic. If not for anything else- then for him being... him!
3. ILLUSTRATED P.I.G TO ISLAM is an interresting site. Shiva and K9 manages to get out the message within a torrent of sometimes very colourful language and PG-30 pictures. Also, there is Shivas connection to Sweden. And the fact that he lives in a predominated muslim area.
4. The Sandmonkey- He is not as prolofic as he used to be, but with a knowledge and feel for the English language that I envy, and the fact that he is a muslim in one of the worlds most islamized countrys makes him stand out. He is also a very good storyteller- I like!
5. Finally! I had a hard time choosing which blog to be nominated here, but someone who always stands out- in his special style is USpace at Hard to swallow. Not only does he write in a very special way, but he does it with afterthought and intelligense. Many times I have to read through his alsters two or three or even four times, before I really get it! I do not know if that is a telltale of my inferior intelligense or the authors superior one...
The rules are as follows:
1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think,
2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme,
3. Optional: Proudly display the ‘Thinking Blogger Award’ with a link to the post that you wrote. (It comes in Gold and Silver).
The Bugs:Thinking Blogger (Gold)
Thinking Blogger (Silver)