Proud Infidel ranting about the ongoing war against democratic and secular values (Don't fool yourselves)! Maybe a voice of sanity in a wide ocean of madness.

20070728

No jihadis in Lapland?

So... In one of the last posts I did before going off to northern Lapland, I finished it with "No jihadis in northern Lapland". At first I went to Saivomuotka, just south of Karesouando- the most northern village/town of Sweden accesible by road. Well; northern Lapland has it's own fundamentalists. Lapland - for example- is the seat for Laestadianism, a evangelic variant of christianity. You know; the no curtains, no music, special dresscodes and brimstone oozing "You are all sinners and you will go to hell"- preachings (sounds familiar?).

But then again. I never encountered any of those while visiting Lapland this time. And the ones I have met before have seemed to be pretty decent people after all. Thing is- they keep their religion as a personal matter (most of the time), and there is yet to be seen a Lestadian that runs in to a coffe shop with a bomb belt blowing itself to pieces while shouting "God is great".

The last two days in Lapland I spent in my old hometown Gällivare. Gällivare is is an old mining town about 100 km north of the Arctic circle. It is in fact a tri- town, with Gällivare as the central town, and with Malmberget and Koskulskulle as hang- ons.

In Gällivare there has been a "flyktingsluss" (lit- refugee lock, as in canal lock) for decades. Most of the refugees and immigrants coming through earlier has been Balkans and Russians. As soon as it was possible, the Balkans moved away, preferably to Stockholm and Malmö. The Russians allmost all got deported back to Russia (another story another time...).

Much to my surprise, when I wisited Gällivare this time; I discovered that 50% of all the people I saw in the town square was Somalis. I have never ever seen a woman in full clad burka before (in real life), but just in the span of a couple of hours I saw atleast a half a doussin. In Arctic Gällivare!

What conclutions can be made out of this? Dunno, this is just a travel report...

3 Comments:

Blogger WomanHonorThyself said...

welcome back Pela!..dang in NYC you see a full clad burkaaaaaaaa every 3 seconds..its frightening how the immigration laws are useless!

Sunday 29 July 2007 at 03:11:00 CEST

 
Blogger Yankee Doodle said...

I told you: Just give them time.

Sunday 29 July 2007 at 20:21:00 CEST

 
Blogger Flanders Fields said...

Welcome back, Pela. Hi Angel and Yankee. I liked your photo of the artic sun over the lake, Pela. I hope you had a great holiday. Sorry your view was marred by the fashion trend.

It is fun to be near the Paris fashion center and report to you that there is a new designer in Europe, Jihad Gior, and he's coming out with a new line. Actually, the garment is for non-muslims and has a chopped neck, is very restrictive, has support only on the left and comes in bright blood red or dhimmitude yellow. It is versatile in that you can convert or dye. It is becoming very trendy in Europe and I understand it is spreading to the US soon. I guess Americans and Laplanders are always on the trailing edge of fashion.

Hope you all have a great weekend.

Saturday 4 August 2007 at 10:25:00 CEST

 

Post a Comment

<< Home