Proud Infidel ranting about the ongoing war against democratic and secular values (Don't fool yourselves)! Maybe a voice of sanity in a wide ocean of madness.

20070406

Easter and egghunts

When I was a child, my parents made me and my siblings do a egghunt on Easters eave. It´s not the kind of egghunts that is done in Anglo countrys. Rather than hunting for real chicken eggs, we were searching for cardboard eggs filled with candy. They were big! I´m talking of almost two pounds of tooth gobbeling sweets.

My son got one such an egg to day. Filled with 20$ worth of candy. He very much enjoyed the gift, since he almost never get any sweets otherwise.

I´m remembering an eastern a couple of years ago, when he did not get an easter egg bcause he was much to young. It was the Good Friday- or as we call it here in Sweden "The Long Friday"-. I was enjoying a bath, reading a very good novel by Alastair Reynolds. My son was playing outside the bathroom (wich ofcourse was unlocked with an open door).

For some reason (I do not remember why), I had drawn the showercurtain shut, enveloping the tub.

After a while I heard som noice in the bathroom, the showercurtain ratteled- was drawn to the side- and my son stood there with a big grin on his face and said "HI-HI"!
I echoed back "Hi-Hi"- and continued reading my book.

A minute later there was some ratteling of the curtain again- it was drawn back- and there was my son again with´an even bigger grin on his face, once again giggeling "Hi-Hi"! My "Hi--Hi" echoed back, before i continued to read my novel.

A minute later, there was some ratteling of the curtain for the third time. It was drawn back; my son grinning even wider said "Hi-Hi", and threw the hairdryer in to the water!

Well, since I´m now writing this- you probably understand that it was not plugged in. But you should have seen me doing the fastest jump out of the water ever known to mankind. I neárly broke the soundbarrier!

Kids- What can I say?

Maby this!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Alternative Easter Egg Hunt Near White House to Use Fake Cluster Bombs Made By Kids

WASHINGTON — Anti-war and human rights activists plan an unusual take on the Easter egg hunt by holding an Easter cluster-bomb hunt on Monday.
Fake cluster bombs made by children will be scattered around Lafayette Park, north of the White House.

Hundreds of people will attend the White House Easter Egg Roll while activists hold their alternative cluster-bomb hunt on the other side of the executive mansion.

Brian Hennessey, a spokesman for the Vineeta Foundation, a group sponsor, said the event aims to be humorous and fun for kids. Organizers also want to bring attention that cluster bombs cause death and destruction, Hennessey said.
A cluster bomb releases several hundred smaller bombs that might explode or linger on the ground as land mines, which are often found and picked up by children."

How twisted can a grown up´s mind become?

Well anyway. Have a good weekend. And in the words of the late Dave Allen- "May your god go with you!"

3 Comments:

Blogger Highest Infidelity said...

Well their buddies in the Middle East are using real cluster bombs. I guess you gotta walk before you can run.

Yeah that hairdryer episode could have been a "quick pick-me-up" huh?

Saturday 7 April 2007 at 20:29:00 CEST

 
Blogger pela68 said...

Yeah! Having a hairdryer dropped in the bathtub get´s you that "Ooooh so nice tingeling sesation" in your left arm (c;

Saturday 7 April 2007 at 23:44:00 CEST

 
Blogger pela68 said...

"sensation" - of course!

Saturday 7 April 2007 at 23:46:00 CEST

 

Post a Comment

<< Home